Be The Match® Partnership
We are excited to announce Dyskeratosis Congenita Outreach, Inc. has partnered with Be The Match®!
The DC Community is no stranger to the world of bone marrow and stem cell transplantation. Many of us understand the desperate search for that perfect donor that will give our loved ones a second chance at life. In light of this need, we have begun a partnership with Be The Match® and have committed to growing the donor registry in hopes to help more than 12,000 patients in need of transplant. Both organizations are committed to increasing availability and access to healthcare for patients, especially those from underserved, ethnic and minority communities.
Over the past 25 years, Be The Match ®, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program ® (NMDP), has managed the largest and most diverse marrow registry in the world. Be The Match® is a global leader in bone marrow transplantation. They conduct research to improve transplant outcomes, provide support and resources for patients, and partner with a global network.
We look forward to building a strong partnership!
How You Can Help
We invite you to help us save lives by:
- Making the life-saving difference for patients in need by joining the Be The Match Registry® in your local area or at http://join.bethematch.org/Hope4DC
- Spreading the word in your community on about how to save lives by pledging to donate marrow or stem cells to a patient through Be The Match Registry.
- Hosting a Be The Match marrow donor registration event in your community.
DCO will connect you with your local Be The Match® representative to share ideas and opportunities for you to get involved. Your representative will:
- Provide training and support
- Assist you in hosting an event
- Educate in your local area
To get started, contact Rachel Godfrey at email@example.com
Learn more at BeTheMatch.org